Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Good appointment

The 28 week checkup went well. My gestational diabetes test came back good and my blood pressure continues to be good. Because I'm O negative, I did have to get the RH negative shot today (in the bottom of all places!). The shot is an injection of RH immunoglobulin to prevent my body from developing antibodies that could attack Abigail's blood. It was a little painful and the injection spot may be sore for a couple of days. We heard the heartbeat through the hand-held device (Fetal Doppler) that the doctor had. Everything is going well. Thank you God for a good report! We go back in 3 weeks for another checkup. Please keep us in your prayers. We boldly ask God for one more day. Until next time...God is good! All the time!

2 comments:

Julie said...

CANDY, I am so glad that things are going well.

Jennifer Warriner said...

Candy,
I too have O negative blood, which is rather uncommon. (So they say). I have had the shot of Rogham 5 times now, so I know how you feel. Mine was in the hip though, so sorry about your placement! HaHa!! You will have to get another one after you deliver, but that one will not feel so bad! We love you all and we can't wait for little Abby to be born!!