Tuesday, July 29, 2008

28 week appointment & 3 years since our 1st date

I go for my 28 week appointment at 3:30 today. No ultrasound just a checkup. I should get the results of the gestational diabetes test that I took a couple weeks ago. I also may get the RH negative shot today. Please pray all goes well. I've been feeling good but getting more and more tired. I know it will just get worse so I'm trying to get as much rest as I can. Mark has been great through all of this. I certainly appreciate his kindness, concern and love.
We actually celebrated an "anniversary" last week. On Tuesday, July 22nd, it had been 3 years since we officially met and had our first date. Boy was that an exciting evening! We met online in May of '05 and talked on the computer and the phone up until the first meeting at mom and dad's on July 22nd. I was sooo nervous to meet him in person. I had a bad experience with a previous meeting with someone I met online so I was very anxious about meeting Mark. Mom and Dad were with me during the first part of the date. We were all talking and trying to get to know each other more. My parents and I worked out a plan prior to Mark coming over and we would give a sign (can't remember what it was exactly) that he was "ok". After too long, I gave them the hint that I was comfortable with Mark and they hinted that they were too. Mom and Dad went to bed and Mark and I watched Ladder 49. We were so corny at that time. We texted each other during the movie instead of talking to each other. I guess it was nerves but the night ended well. That was just the beginning of a beautiful thing. I'm so thankful that God allowed us to meet. Mark is an amazing man and I thank God for him every day!
I will post an update of our appointment later. Please keep us in your prayers. We boldly ask God for one more day. Until next time...God is good! All the time!

1 comment:

Jennifer Warriner said...

Candy,
That is so funny!! Texting when you are right there beside each other! I guess you can sit back and laugh at it now. I am so happy for you and Mark and that God allowed you to find each other. I think you are a great couple and you both compliment each other. I remember having your name as a secret sister and praying and fasting for God to give you a Godly mate. I know it sounds selfish, but I like to think that I had a part in you and Mark being together. At least my prayers anyway! We love you guys! You are in are prayers!