Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Midweek Update

So far, I haven't heard from Kroger yet. I called today to see if the recruiter-lady was there but she wasn't. She'd be back at work on Friday morning. We're both praying that I will hear something before the weekend is over.

We're heading to the Winston-Salem metro area this weekend to visit Candy's parents for a few days. It should be a lot of fun! We haven't been there to visit since January '07. We are traveling down to Charlotte to visit Candy's brother's family too. All in all, it should be a very fun weekend!

I found out today that I am going to be "trained" tomorrow on how to load the UPS trucks. I don't know what they mean by being trained because I have loaded sporatically before. In fact, I loaded three trucks last Friday but I haven't been assigned to any this week. Hopefully now I will be weened off working on the slide and do something more worthwhile in loading the trucks. Working on the slide (a.k.a. sorting packages) is fast-paced. My supervisor is constantly barking at us to speed up the pace of our sorting and doesn't like "lolly-gagging around". He can get annoying, quite frankly, with his continuous heckling of us to do better. With my potential move to loading, it allows me to work at my own pace in a quieter environment. I have assisted with loading trucks during my brief time there, but nothing as much as last Friday. Hopefully, this will be a permanent move. I'm looking forward to exceeding expectations my supervisors have in me!

Either Candy or I will post something later this week.

Until next time........

No comments: