Wednesday, October 15, 2008

39 week appointment

We went to our 39 week appointment yesterday. Abigail's heart beat sounded good but my blood pressure was up (130/90) and I still haven't dilated. They took my blood pressure about 20 minutes later and it was better (120/78). My OB wanted to make sure I didn't have preeclampsia (also called toxemia) so he sent me for blood work. I really don't have many symptoms for it but he wants to be sure. I go back on Friday to check my blood pressure again. We did go ahead and confirm my induction date of October 28th at Henrico Doctor's Hospital. I will go in Monday evening and begin preparation for the Tuesday morning induction. This could all change if Abigail decides to come on her own but with no dilation and her still being "high", it looks like Abigail will join us on Tuesday, October 28th. Please pray that my blood pressure stays at a good level, that Abigail and I stay healthy and strong and that the delivery is quick and without complications. Also pray for me to make it through the week at work. They are being very demanding of me right now and I am trying not to stress out. Thank you all for praying for us. We boldly ask God for one more day. Until next time...God is good! All the time!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Praying for you! One more full day of work left! BTW, love your new background.