Friday, September 5, 2008

Root Canal #2

As I mentioned in my post last week, I was experiencing some pain with the tooth beside the one that had a root canal last Wednesday. I called the dentist last Friday afternoon and they said it was normal to experience pain (fighting infection/bruising) after a root canal. I knew it wasn't normal when the pain continued for days. The pain was extremely bad Wednesday night which caused another sleepless night. I was running out of pain killers and they weren't helping much anyways. Thursday morning I called the dentist and they said they had a cancellation and they could see me at 8am. I saw a different dentist in the practice from last week. He said he couldn't see an issue with the tooth but with the symptoms I described he suggested a root canal. I said go for it, just make this pain go away! During the procedure, the dentist did confirm that the nerve was no longer "alive" and a root canal was in order. I don't think they used enough novocain this time though cause I felt some pain during the procedure and definitely felt major pain afterwards. They did prescribe more antibiotics and pain killers. It took several hours for the pain killer to kick in so needless to say, yesterday was a painful day, plus expensive! I go back for a post-op checkup Thursday to make sure I am healing properly. Please pray that everything heals quickly and completely. Also pray that Abigail continues to grow without any complications. We've had no complications so far with the pregnancy and we are thankful for that. I go on Tuesday for my 34 week checkup. We are extremely excited about the church baby shower tomorrow. My parents and Mark's mom will be up for the weekend. Mark's dad and stepmom are stopping by this evening before the storm hits. We are thrilled to have family coming for a visit! Please pray for everyone's safety on the road through this upcoming storm. Thank you for keeping us in your prayers. Abigail will be here soon! We boldly ask God for one more day! Until next time...God is good! All the time!

No comments: