Thursday, May 8, 2008

Where have we been?


Boy! Has it been a busy couple weeks for us! With our work schedules and visiting family, we have had a very busy couple weeks. Mark's mom came down for a short visit last Wednesday evening through Friday morning. She was able to meet with the realtor here and see some condos around the area. Pray for the right decisions to be made and for her house to sell quickly in Virginia Beach. Mark and I were finally able to visit my parents in Kernersville, NC this weekend. It was a wonderful trip but definitely not long enough. The weather was beautiful and we a had a great time with the family. Mom and Dad drove us to see my brother, sister-in-law and two neices on Saturday. They live about an hour from my parents. Caroline sure has grown up! She will be 4 in October. I was very impressed with her vocabulary! She's one smart cookie! Jacqueline looks just like her daddy. She'll be one the end of June. Mark helped Thomas put together a grill while Mom, Dad and I hung out on the deck with the girls. We didn't stay long at Thomas' but definitely enjoyed the visit. Thomas and Rachel gave us a swing, wagon and exersaucer. Mom had a cradle for us too (and a bunch of clothes for me). Thank you! Oh, Mom also gave me a sewing machine on the condition that I learn to use it. I am excited about trying it out. I took a class in college but hated it. Now that I have a little one on the way, it'll give me more desire to master the sewing machine! Speaking of the little one on the way, we had our 16 week checkup on Tuesday. We were able to hear the heartbeat for a little bit. I always enjoy that. The doctor says everything looks good. Thank you God! We go back on June 3rd at 2:30 to find out what we are having. Mark and I are very excited. We have agreed on a girl first name-Abigail and boy middle name-either Mark or William. The girl middle name and boy first name is rather hard to agree on. Any suggestions? Until next time.....God is good! All the time! We boldly ask God for one more day!

3 comments:

Jennifer Warriner said...

I am glad that you finally got to see your family in North Carolina and that you had a good visit. Mark just can't stay away from the grill, can he? WOW, Candy, it sounds like you came home with tons of good stuff for your little one! We pray for you EVERY DAY and I can't wait to see your new baby. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, the name Abigail and actually if we weren't going for the "J thing" I would have named Jolyn Abigail or Adriene. Hmmm.....Abigail is a long first name, so I would think a 1 syllable middle name. Just a thought. You still have time...haha. We will pray for you to have great wisdom:) We love you all!

Heather said...

So glad to hear from you guys!! That's great that ya'll have been with family and Candy and baby Robinson is doing well. I love the name Abigail, I baby sit a little one with that name and we call her Abby, so sweet! How about Abigail Candy Robinson? LOL! What is your middle name Candy? As for the boy I don't know. Sorry. I had a hard enough time naming my own children. I'm so happy for you guys! I pray for you all every day! Love ya'll!

Our Family said...

Glad you all got to spend time with your family. Also glad you had a good check up at the Dr. I am sure you all are very excited to know what you are having. I love the name Abigail you have picked out for the girl. As soon as I read that I instantly thought of Abigail Rose. I thought it sounded very pretty. As for a boy I have recently liked the name Teagun and I think Teagun Mark sounds like a very fine boys name. Maybe these names will help...I have also always liked the names Adam, Travis, Trevor, and Jacob.
Take care and I will continue to pray for baby Robinson until he/she is here and safe in your arms. Many Blessings!