Monday, May 19, 2008

Anniversary

Today is a special anniversary for us. 3 years ago today, I received an email on match.com from mrobinson34 aka Mark. This email intiated conversation between us which lead to many emails, IMs and eventual phone calls. Our first date was on July 22, 2005. Then as all may know, we were married August 19, 2006. So today is actually a very special day for us! It's our 21 month wedding anniversary. I'm attaching the email that I got from Mark 3 years ago. It's quite funny how corny it was. What can I say, I love that corny guy! Thank you God for directing our paths together. We are blessed. Until next time....God is good! All the time!

------
From: mrobinson34 (mrobinson34@talkmatch.com)
To: candygail (candygail@talkmatch.com)
Date received: May 19, 2005
Subject: Good morning!

Good morning! My name is Mark. I read your profile and thought that you and I would get along great! You sound very down-to-earth and my type of person.

A little bit about me maybe not described in my profile: I am EXTREMELY honest and EXTREMELY faithful person. I feel that you have the honesty base covered with me. :) There are many friends of mine who say that I am the most honest person they know. I have worked for Nextel (brownie points, I'm sure lol) for four years and love my job. But, lol, there are some days that I don't look forward to going into work. :) I am from Virginia Beach but moved up here after I transferred with Nextel. My family is a really big part of my life. Since it's so small, events such as Thanksgiving and Christmas I really anticipated because I get to see everyone. It's hard to get everyone together because one person lives in CA and another person lives in PA. I love long walks, day or night. One of my favorite things to do is to walk hand-in-hand with the person I care about. My favorite music is contemporary music. I don't think I'd have a problem making you laugh because I love to smile and be sarcastic at times. I love to go bowling and watch movies too! My favorite movie is Forrest Gump. I have really come to miss the days and times of spending quality and memorable time together with the person who is nearest to my heart (sounded sappy, I know lol). I love candlelight dinners and showing "her" that I care by giving her gifts as well as celebrating anniversaries, birthdays, and even times that I am thinking about her. I love to cook as well.

I truly hope that you and I can begin talking. I think you are a beautiful woman who has a lot of intelligence and a lot to offer someone. I hope that someone is me. :)

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Have a great day and take care,

Mark :)

3 comments:

Heather said...

Aww.. that's so cute Candy! It beats Kevin leaning in my truck window, checking out my legs and saying "hey, where have you been?" LOL! We were married 4 months later so that must have done something to me! I love you guys and I'm very happy for ya'll. I can't wait to see what you are having!! So exciting!! Take care of yourself girl!

Jennifer Warriner said...

WoW! That is so special! I am so glad that God put you two together and I must admit that I feel like I had a part in it too. I had your name during the first six months when you two met and I prayed and fasted for you to find a Godly mate. God is so good and I think that you and Mark were meant to be together. Congratulations on 21 months! Oh, by the way....I don't think Mark mentioned his sports obsession in his initial e-mail to you! I think he was holding back a little! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Thats too cute! I love hearing couples telling how they got together! It NEVER happens the same way for any, and that makes them so very special. Love Yall!