Saturday, November 22, 2008

3 weeks


Abigail turned 3 weeks old on Tuesday this week. It's amazing how much she has grown just in these 3 weeks. She can follow things with her eyes that are a couple feet away. She is such a good baby. Like any baby at this age, she is waking up every few hours during the night to eat which means less sleep for mommy. I'm trying to take the advice of every one and sleep when she sleeps but it doesn't always happen that way. I talked with the lactation consultant on Thursday and we've concluded that I will not have enough milk to nourish Abigail. We will have to go the formula route for good. I will stop the every 2 hour pumping but I will still continue to nurse her a couple times a day. It's disappointing that I can't be Abigail's only source of nourishment but I know God is in control and that Abigail is healthy. Thank you God. Mark's mom was here for a few days this week. It was nice to have her here. I know that she enjoyed her time with Abigail. I've included a slideshow of pictures that I've taken the last week or so. Some were taken with my cell phone so the quality may not be as good. Enjoy! Please keep us in your prayers. We are heading to my uncle's house in Elizabeth City, North Carolina to spend Thanksgiving with my mom's side of the family. Mark's mom and her boyfriend will be joining us also. We are looking forward to a day with the family. Abigail and I will go back with my parents to Kernersville, North Carolina until the following Saturday. This will give me another opportunity to get a helping hand and more rest. Plus, we will be able to visit my brother's family and my nana. Thank you Mark for agreeing to let us go. We will miss you dearly for those 9 days. You are the greatest husband! Until next time...God is good! All the time!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Awww! She's so sweet guys! I'll pray for you guys to have a safe trip. I have been checking your blog often for new pictures and stuff on Miss Abigail. You guys are so blessed! I'm very happy for ya'll. She is gonna grow fast, soak up her precious babyness all you can.

Love ya'll!

Pam I am! said...

I'm so very happy for you guys Candy! These are days you will NEVER forget and always treasure....Mark is a sweet husband and daddy to let you go visit with family. I know he will miss you so much. I'm recovering from surgery but will do anything I can for you. Love you guys! GOD LOVES ME!